No, our rug pads are safe for all hardwood floors and finishes as long as floor manufacturers instructions are followed and proper curing times are met. There are a few types of pads that may hurt floors. Some imported PVC pads can include off-gassing chemicals and they may actually react with the chemicals in your floor finish. An example of this is the use of Phthalates, a family of chemicals used to soften many PVC rug pads. They can cause floors to discolor. Another issue stems from when manufacturers use too many clay fillers in their latex blends which causes latex to break down or dry out prematurely. Our natural rubber pads are reinforced with an additional rubber coating and cured in a way to avoid premature deterioration, flaking, or fraying. Rug pads manufactured with high quality materials shouldn’t harm or damage standard wood flooring.
Articles in this section
- Does this rug pad contain any noticeable odors?
- Which offers better cushion, felt or memory foam?
- Are your memory foam rug pads eco-friendly?
- Will Cloud Comfort flatten over time?
- Which side of this rug pad do I place on the floor?
- Do memory foam rug pads have any non-slip features?
- Which rug types work well with Cloud Comfort?
- Which floor types is Cloud Comfort safe for?
- Which floor types is SpillTech safe to use on?
- What is a waterproof rug pad?