There’s very little difference between a solid patterned rug pad vs an open weave rug pad with regards to performance. A solid rug pad puts more padding in contact with your floors, thus giving an edge with regards to floor protection. On the other hand, open weave rug pads such as Super Lock Natural provide more airflow and thus will pick up more dirt while vacuuming (Dirt is the #1 cause of rug degradation). A solid rug pad will also help prevent liquids from reaching your floors with spills and pet urine.
Articles in this section
- Does this rug pad contain any noticeable odors?
- Which offers better cushion, felt or memory foam?
- Are your memory foam rug pads eco-friendly?
- Will Cloud Comfort flatten over time?
- Which side of this rug pad do I place on the floor?
- Do memory foam rug pads have any non-slip features?
- Which rug types work well with Cloud Comfort?
- Which floor types is Cloud Comfort safe for?
- Which floor types is SpillTech safe to use on?
- What is a waterproof rug pad?